Electrician – Licensed Journeyman (3-5 Years)
The Electrician is responsible for the following:
- Inspect, assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools and ensure compliance with codes.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Prepare, read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to plan wiring layouts to ensure conformance to building and safety codes
- Pull wire through conduits (pipes or tubing) and through holes in walls and floors and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes
- Install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment.
- Install, replace and repair lighting fixtures and electrical control and distribution equipment, such as switches, relays and circuit breaker panels.
- Join and connect wire to fixtures and components to form circuits.
- Test completion of circuits using test equipment.
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems and remove and replace faulty parts
- Maintain current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations
- Perform business administrative duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
Halton Electric is seeking a Licensed Journeyman (3-5 Years) with the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities. Experience in a broad range of areas such as Commercial, Residential and Industrial is considered an asset. The candidate will be comfortable with all tools and equipment required for the job. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service and communication skills coupled with the ability to work independently. The hours of work will vary and may require rotating on call weekends.
How to apply